Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Historic Richmond

Downtown historic Richmond was quite the place. We wandered around with Brad and Dani and my mom while we were there for the wedding. Mostly we checked out the Civil War Monuments (all dedicated to the heroes of the South-of course). Ron really wanted to check out the Confederate White House and museum, but we ran out of time (plus it cost $, and the monuments were free). Plus all the old homes and churches were absolutely beautiful. Watch out Carter and Brandi, we will definitely be back, there is still tons more to see and do in Richmond.

The family in front of the Stonewall Jackson monument

Ron and the girls in front of one of my favorite buildings downtown, if I remember correctly I think it is now a museum dedicated to Richmond architecture.



Our future home


Grandma Mecham and the girls in front of the Robert E. Lee Monument (this ones for you Natalie)

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

YAY!!!! I got to go to Richmond when I was in high school and it was one of the coolest places ever!!

Thanks for putting Lee in - I would've been terribly disappointed if you hadn't! :0)