Saturday, August 1, 2009

Carnivals, Fares, and Rodeos

We didn't get too far from home for vacations this summer, but we did do a lot of fun things locally and closer to home. For the second year in a row we went up to Ron's parents house to check out the Preston Night Rodeo. The Rodeo received mixed reviews from the girls, their favorite part is always the carnival and going on the rides. We also went to the local County Fair which is always a hit because who doesn't love animals and pony rides?


Sophie riding the turtle.
Both girls driving the orange truck.
Lilly riding the caterpillar coaster. Lilly has always loved roller coasters.
Lil and Soph on the carousel. This one was a favorite, we had to ride it twice.
Lilly and Sophie after the pre-rodeo parade. Cute waving girls+parade=lots of candy.
Soph and her dad at the Preston night rodeo.
Lilly and her cousins Nikki and Mikey sitting in the stands at the rodeo.
Lilly petting a baby goat at the petting zoo.
Soph by the goats.
Soph, Lil, and a Watusi. Ron was mad I cut him out of this picture, he was touching the end of one of the horns. Largest horns I have ever seen.
At the County Fair there was an alligator show. It was mine and Ron's favorite part, but I think it did scare the girls a little. They really only liked it when they brought out the baby gator, but it was very entertaining, and educational. For example, did you know that alligators eyes can recede back into their heads for protection?
Lilly and dad petting some bunnies.
Cowgirl Lilly, pony rides are always a hit.
Cowgirl Sophie, on her very first pony ride.

1 comment:

Natalie R. said...

How fun! I went to a rodeo when I was really little, and I've always wanted to go to another one.