Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pumpkins and Princesses

Halloween was again met with great anticipation in the Fuller household. Last year Lilly provided us with one of my favorite quotes when she came running down from one house and declared, "people are the best!" This year she asked her parents and sister, "isn't this just the best day?" Halloween seems to be a favorite for Lilly.

In the years past I have always picked out the girls costumes, but this year Lilly definitely wanted a say. And if you allow her her say it will always be "PRINCESS." So as I was looking for princess costumes I found a picture of two girls about the same ages as my girls in these costumes, I thought they were cute, and got the approval from Lilly.

Princess Sophia on the porch after a hard night of trick-or-treating. She definitely got the hang of things this year mastering the, "trick-or-treat", "thank you", and "Happy Halloween". Today she was still yelling "trick-or-treat" when someone knocked on our door.

Princess Lillian next to her pumpkin aka "Big Happy Face."
We carved our pumpkins for family home evening on Monday and did not take pictures until Friday, so they are looking a little sad. I also must confess that we cheated this year and printed patterns out from the Internet instead of carving them free hand. One advantage, however, to this method was that the girls got to pick thier own out and were very happy with the results. The pumpkin above on the left is Ron's, referred to as the angry face, and Sophie's is on the right. When she saw this one she said, "little happy face" and she and her pumpkin have been called that all week.

The spider pumpkin was mine, and the "big happy face" pumpkin was Lilly's.



LOOKING BACK.......

Lilly's first Halloween as a pig (2 months old)

One year old chicken Lilly and her Alaska friends

Two year old kangaroo Lilly

Lilly the angel (3) and Sophie the octopus (10 months)

11 comments:

Ivy said...

Hey, I found your blog through Cindy LeBaron's, and thought I'd drop a note! Cute blog, and way cute pictures! Your daughters are simply the cutest!!!

Ashley! said...

that is so cute kat! your girlys are babes! ha ha! i can't wait to come stay again! they make they cutest little princesses! ha! i love your pumpkins too! love ya, ash!

Ashley! said...

*girlies

The Pooley Tribe said...

They make very lovely princesses. Cute! And even though they are patterns, I'm still impressed with the pumpkin carving.

Lisa said...

What fun! I'm glad we got to see how cute the girls are in their costumes, thanks for posting the pictures. They definitely do make beautiful princesses.

PA Mama said...

Most photogenic! The princess roles are working for them. I wonder what they have instore for you in their teenage years! Could be interesting. Thanks for the pictures, Grandma M.

Linnae said...

Loving your blog! Great way to keep in touch, especially for us phone phobes!

Love ya!

Linnae

The Bingham's said...

I found your blog through the preschool page. YEAH!! Amy will be so happy to see her cute friend Lilly on the computer. I love seeing the pictures from back east, made me home sick. Your girls are beautiful princesses. As the true princesses they are!!

Charlotte and Matt said...

Too cute! I love seeing Lilly through the years. She's always been such a pretty little girl. Sophie too!

Holly said...

Hey Ronnie and Kat, it turns out I should check out Erin's blog more often. I found all sorts of peops on there that I want to be checkin' out and you guys are some of the mains. Cute, cute girls. I can't wait to see more. Hey, guess what? I'm sending Christmas cards this year for the first time ever (I don't count the St. Patrick's Day cards we sent once) so I'll send you one. Come visit us!!

Holly said...

All right you two. I just read a few more of your posts and you did come visit, just not us. Why I oughta. . . . . . . . . . . . .
Next time you come here, you better give us a call or we might not be able to be cousins.