Tuesday, October 28, 2008

LILLY LOST!

Last week Lilly's preschool class had a field trip to the Pumpkin Patch. Lilly and her friends were all playing in the hay maze when I realized I hadn't seen her in a while. I climbed up the steps that overlooked the maze and could not see her. Some of the other moms and I were standing at the entrance/exit, but nobody saw her leave. The Pumpkin Patch was wide and open and she wasn't there, so I started to look at the two tent areas on either side of the maze. She was not there either. By this time I was starting to panic, the other moms had joined the search and were checking the grounds with me. I said a quick little prayer right before making my third or fourth pass of the grounds. I stopped and looked over the side of the outside of the hay maze and through a small hole in one of the hay bales on an inner ring I saw Lilly's face. She was hiding in the maze and told me she was waiting for her friend. Man, that was a horrible feeling!

Minus that incident the field trip was quite fun, we got our pumpkins, and Lilly is loving her preschool class.

Lilly's preschool class

Our sweet little witches

Sisters at the Pumpkin Patch

3 comments:

Jenny said...

The kids will be happy to see that you started your blog! The pictures are great!

Charlotte and Matt said...

You guys have been all over and back again! I'm glad you caved!

Natalie R. said...

Wow, that must've been scary! I'm glad you found her and that she wasn't hurt.